Depilation of the under arms is a process of removing unwanted body hair. It is a common procedure that can be done at home with the use of hard wax or at a salon or spa by a professional. Hard wax is a type of wax that adheres to the hair, rather than the skin, and is the preferred method for removing hair from areas like the under arms. It is a bit more involved than other methods, but it is highly effective and can provide longer lasting results. In this article, we’ll discuss the steps for depilation with hard wax on the under arms.
1. Prepare your skin: Before you begin, it is important to prep your skin. Start by washing the area with warm water and a mild soap. This will help to remove any oils or dirt that may be on the skin. Once you’ve rinsed and dried the area, apply a light layer of oil to the skin. This will help the wax to adhere to the hairs and not pull at the skin.
2. Apply the wax: Heat the wax until it is a liquid and can be spread easily. Using a wax applicator, spread the wax in the direction of the hair growth in a thin layer, making sure to cover all of the hairs in the area. Allow the wax to cool and harden before attempting to remove it.
3. Peel off the wax: Once the wax has hardened, you can begin to remove it. Using your fingertips, gently peel off the wax in the opposite direction of the hair growth. You may need to apply a bit of pressure to remove the wax but be careful not to pull the skin.
4. Remove any remaining wax: Once you have removed all of the wax, you may find that there are still some hairs that are stuck to the wax. Use a damp cloth to remove the remaining wax and hairs.
5. Clean up: After you have removed all of the wax, you should clean up the area. Gently wash the area with a mild soap and warm water to remove any remaining wax and oils.
Depilation with hard wax on the under arms is a relatively simple process. With the proper preparation and a gentle touch, you can easily do it yourself at home. The results can last up to four weeks, making it a great choice for those looking for longer lasting results. Remember to be gentle when peeling off the wax and to clean the area afterwards to prevent irritation or infection.